Wednesday 8 June 2016

Intro

Howdy Folks!

The idea for this blog popped up in my mind when I looked at the Friday releases. Nowadays good movies are getting rarer. Maybe because people are not appreciating good movies and not-so-good(i.e.shitty) movies are raking in billions. Maybe it's time to go back and look for movies with a strong storyline or even a story to tell rather than watching two hours of unconnected scenes with multiple songs as perks which have no connection to the movie whatsoever.

There are certain elements of a movie I would I like to talk about now.I don't rate acting as 'good' or 'bad'. It's either convincing or not convincing. If it gets too obvious that the person is acting, then it's termed as overacting. People must believe that the character is true and the actor must do justice to the script. Songs in Hindi film industry in earlier times have been a part of the narrative. They strengthen and enhance the narrative but nowadays it has no connection to the movie. The quality of lyrics, on an average, is declining as the vocabulary of the masses is shrinking.Having said that, there is still good quality work being executed and the trend is shifting. In the end, a movie is nothing but a form of storytelling. If the story is predictable, lacking originality and full of cliches, then it is bound to disappoint its audience.

I am gonna write about my personal favourites from Hollywood and Bollywood and I hope that you get to watch some good stuff. If I write abut a movie, it's is to appreciate the hard work of the artists involved in its making and to suggest some good stuff to movie freaks. I would try not to be a spoiler and disclose everything the movie is about(like Wikipedia) and at the same time, I would strive to give you guys the gist of the movie so that you can decide whether to watch it or watch it with interest :P. Alright, whether to watch or not to watch it. So I hope you would enjoy and critique my writings at the same time. Your suggestions matter to me more than you guys can imagine so don't forget to give your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment